Monday 2 March 2015

HOW TO WEAR A KIMONO

I bought this kimono on a whim in one of the many shops in Tokyo’s Ginza district during our visit to Japan.  Well, of course, it is not a proper kimono per se but rather a simplified version of it designed especially for tourists.

kimono

 At first, I didn’t know what to do with it, it seemed to be quite in disaccord with my existing wardrobe and I was having difficulties to find a match for it.  So I just hang it in my cupboard and forgot all about it…..

kimono jacket looks gteat

Then, one day I was packing away my winter clothes I stumbled over the forgotten purchase; I put it on and absolutely loved it.  It was the right time for it, as soon I began to notice a presence of similar garments in many shop windows across Sydney.  That’s what probably evoked my memories about the kimono hanging in my cupboard.

kimono and pants

kimono is great with pants


Anyway, it is great peace of clothing, hugely adaptable, widely trans-seasonal, quite edgy and exhibits a lot of personal style and panache.

No comments:

Post a Comment