Friday 23 December 2022

WHAT I WORE IN 2022 RETROSPECTIVE


Hello everyone, hope are you well.
We are approaching the end of 2022 and what a year it has been:  half of it was spent in lockdown and the other half caught us queuing outside hospitals and doctors’ office to get inoculated not once not twice but up to four times.  
My husband was diagnosed with cancer and underwent very long and difficult surgery and then spent months in convalescence.  Fortunately, the latest test proved that the cancer has all gone.  I myself had a health scare when I was called for a additional x-ray test after a regular mammogram of my breasts, luckily it was nothing.  On top of that, there were a few cancer spots on my face and back that had to be surgically removed.
Nevertheless, we persevere and did our best to stay sane, be kind and feel optimistic, each of us in his own way.  Some people learned how to bake sourdough bread, others - how to play a guitar, renovate the house, knit or make your own kombucha.   I did not bother to do any of the above.  The only thing I managed to master while in lockdown was how to cut my own hair.  
Blogging and reading my fellow bloggers stories was my salvation.  This and on-line shopping, of course.  Somehow during these challenging months, I did manage to procure clothes that I liked to wear and shared it with my dear readers and fellow bloggers.

Scrolling through my 2022 posts, I have noticed that my choice of clothes has slightly changed.  It became bolder, I stopped worried about dressing accordingly to my age and experimented with miniskirts, full tulle skirts, bright colours, short flirty dresses and bold prints.

In reflection, I am quite proud of the way I faced all the challenges that were thrown at me, my family and the world at large in the last 12 months.  I sincerely hope that any qualities which we obtained helped us to survive this year, will be retained for many years to come. 

On this note, I am wishing you all a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!!! 🎄🎅 Let the new year be kinder, brighter and happier for all of us.

 

Until then,

Anna

xoxoxo

20 comments:

  1. Well, you and your hubby did have a year....Pfff, I am very happy for you that it is all over. And I am glad you are more bold with your outfits, because it looks very good on you! Happy Christmas Anna!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Nancy, and a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to you xoxoxo

      Delete
  2. So many amazing looks here! I wish you and your husband and happy and healthy 2023!

    https://www.kathrineeldridge.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a year you had with the cancer diagnosis and scare yourself! In reading your posts this year, you handled it all with grace and fortitude. And did it while sharing fabulous outfits! You’ve got the legs for those mini skirts. Wishing you and your Happy Holidays!

    Michelle
    https://funkyfashionstyle.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so kind Michelle. Hope we will continue to do it in 2023. Happy New Year! xoxoxo

      Delete
  4. What a year but grateful that is ended well. You look wonderful in each of these looks and I love the clothes you bought this year! I am impressed that you have been cutting your own hair.
    www.chezmireillefashiontravelmom.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you so much, Mireille. I just used my razer blades to hack it :). Happy New Year !!!xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. All so different Anna, thanks so much for sharing them on my linkup. Jacqui x

    ReplyDelete
  7. These outfits are so lovely. You look amazing.

    melodyjacob.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. You had some very stylish outfits! Sorry to hear you still had lockdowns in 2022, thank goodness Brisbane left them behind in 2021! It's good that although there were some health issues, you and your husband are both well now :)

    Hope you had a wonderful Christmas and you have a great start to the new year!

    www.awayfromtheblue.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Mica, hope you have a good start in 2023 :)

      Delete
  9. Happy 2023 and yes, what a year it has been for you and your family. I am glad that you and hubby are pass the health issues. And yes, blogging is such a life saver. Not just during the lockdown but in so many aspects of life. I hope your weekend went well and you are having a great start to your week!

    Maureen | www.littlemisscasual.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you so much, Maureen, hope you are having a good start in 2023 :0

      Delete
  10. You had such a fun and sassy year of style in 2022!

    I've got a new post up featuring a pair of vinyl leggings- hope you'll come see!

    -Ashley

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the looks, but more importantly I'm so happy that you and your Husband are both healthy after all the health scares. Wishing you continued health in the coming year!

    Shauna

    www.lipglossandlace.net

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Shauna, hope you have a good start in 2023 :)

      Delete
  12. Love your style and how you put these outfits together. Great attention to detials. Hope to read your blog more in 2023.
    https://www.melodyjacob.com/2023/02/does-inflammation-have-effect-on-fertility.html

    ReplyDelete