Monday 29 March 2021

HOW I WORE MY NEW POLO RL BLAZER

Hi everyone, hope you are well.

As our summer is coming to an end, I decided to make a stocktake of my wardrobe to make sure that I am ready for autumn.  During this process it was revealed that I might need to buy myself a new jacket as the one I’ve been wearing last season has become slightly tight 😡

HOW I WORE MY NEW  POLO RL BLAZER

I have been thinking of investing money into an iconic blazer for a while and looks like the time has come for me to do just that.  Paying a fair amount of money for a good quality, timeless pieces of clothing or accessories aka investment pieces is not a new concept to me and I can attest that if you do your research and spend your money wisely, it’s money well spent 👍. 

 

Truth be told, I can’t remember ever spending a small fortune on my clothes or accessories, however over the years I did pay fair amount of money on high end leather goods like handbags, shoes and belts and never regret buying any of these items.  When you buy an expensive handbag, you are not just paying for the label, you are paying for high quality, excellent services and years of enjoyment.

 

Clothes is a slightly different matter, still a good quality item of closing should last you for a few good years without showing any signs of wear as well as always looking smart and in fashion.

Armed with this knowledge, I set myself out on a mission to buy a good quality smart looking blazer that will not break the bank.  Alas, after perusing the internet for a few hours, it appears to be a slight problem as every item that I liked costs much more that I was prepared to spend. 

 

Then one day I was shopping for a gift for my husband at a department store and stopped at Ralph Lauren’s concession stand to check what’s on offer.  Their blazers look sharp and smart but I dismissed the ones that bore the RL crest on a breast pocket but then a plain double-breasted black blazer in knitted fabric caught my eye.  The crest was nowhere to be seen, just the signature silver buttons that run along the front and four buttons on each cuff.  It looked good, so I decided to try it on.

 

I instantly liked its fit. I have quite narrow shoulders and often when I put a blazer or a coat on, it looks like the shoulder line of the garment extends well past my shoulder bone which makes the extra fabric sag around my upper arm which does not look good at all.  Luckily, this blazer was exactly what the doctor ordered 😉.  I liked its length, not too long, not too short.  It looked sharp when buttoned-up and has a casual chic vibe when opened.  Long story short – I bought it.

 

I was keen to see how well it would look worn with my existing wardrobe, like I do with any new item of clothing that I buy before I make a final decision.  After a few different combos, the verdict was in, I am keeping it.

 

Here is just one outfit that I came with during the “trial period” as I call it.  It has been quite a few years since I wore a short skirt but I thought I would give it a go.  I wanted to maintain a smart look despite that my skirt was quite short and for that reason I chose to wear black from head to toe.  The only exception to it was a long string of white pearls which I wrapped around my neck. 

 

I have another outfit in mind that involves this jacket but I will save it for another post.

Until then,

Anna

Linking up with Independent Fashion Bloggers 

This post was featured on Links à la Mode fashion roundup by Independent Fashion Bloggers.

More fashion articles:

30 comments:

  1. A good blazer is a closet must and yours is fabulous! I love how you styled this outfit!

    Jill - Doused in Pink

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well it was worth the money! The blazer fits perfectly and looks very classy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I didn't realize it was a blazer at first! I love how classic and simple it is with the buttons. Love this all black look! Edgy and classy at the same time!
    www.chezmireillefashiontravelmom.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the clothing, It fits you very well. It highlights your temperament.
    cheap colored wigs

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anna, you look gorgeous! Your outfit is super sophisticated and sexy at the same time. Love it!
    Hugs
    Suzy xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's such a great buy, a beautiful cut and super stylish. Love the way you have styled it with a monochrome look. Thanks for linking at #WowOnWednesday Anna

    ReplyDelete
  7. You look so fabulous! What a perfect way to style such a classic blazer. I bet you feel like a million bucks in that outfit!
    ~Melissa xx
    https://www.freshairandfalselashes.com/press-on-nails-to-last-2-weeks/

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this look!! It's so chic and you can't go wrong with all-black. Love your sunglasses, too!

    Miles of smiles,
    Grace

    gracefulrags.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. That blazer looks fabulous on you! I love your monochrome look with it too! It has a great edgy vibe!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You look cool in this look! That blazer is gorgeous!
    xoxo
    Lovely
    www.mynameislovely.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. I really, really like this look, Anna! It’s just the right amount of edgy. And you, my dear, have the legs for a short skirt. Fabulous!

    Michelle
    https://mybijoulifeonline.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the blazer and love the 'trial period' you use. Might have to do that too. I've just bought a similar blazer from good old M & S, love it! It too replaced an old one. Thanks for sharing on #chicandstylish linkup Jacqui x
    You look fab btw. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the stile of M & S but it doesn't have a representation in Australia. "Trial period" is great when you are able to return the purchase hassle free. Thank you for hosting

      Delete
  13. Hi Anna,
    I loved reading the story of that blazer and how you spend your money!
    I would say that you are a mixture of elegance and cool style !!
    Happy Easter!

    marisasclosetblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Such a great monochrome outfit and that black blazer was a good find! :) I agree on investing in accessories - I definitely like to splurge, on handbags in particular, haha! But I don't spend a lot on clothes - the kids and I can be a bit rough on them!

    Hope you are having a good Easter weekend :)

    Away From The Blue

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Mica, you are a queen of handbags. Enjoy Easter break :)

      Delete
  15. You chose so well Anna. Impeccable tailoring is well worth investing in. I often browse the Reiss sale for tailored items. I've nearly bought a blazer from the site a couple of times. xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thank you Laurie. Every time they advertise the sale, I am unable to find anything in my size, everything sells out very fast :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. It's a really great blazer, Anna! I am not one for logos on my clothing either but signature buttons aren't bad. Plus I really like the bold silver buttons as they make the black blazer more unique. I really like this all black outfit, too. The short skirt and tall boots look amazing on you! Thanks for linking with me.

    Shelbee
    www.shelbeeontheedge.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you Shelbee, it took me a long time to find it but I am very please with this new addition. Apparently, the double raw of silver buttons is an iconic feature of RL blazers :)

      Delete
  18. HI Anna!
    I love a great blazer! I am in the market for a pastel colored one for Spring. I love your blazer and how it fits! So sharp with the pearls too. So stylish!
    jess xx
    www.elegantlydressedandstylish.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thank you so much Jess, I was please to find out that this post was featured on your last Turning Heads Tuesday link-up.

    ReplyDelete