Monday 26 July 2021

WHAT WOULD I WEAR FOR OUR ANNIVERSARY DINNER

Hello dear friends, how are you all?
Reiss Cecilia of-shoulder dress

It has been a while since I posted anything on my blog.  It seems that this latest lockdown punched the air out of me and left me feeling deflated and bored.  Last year the company I work for was not affected by the lockdown and we continued to work from our office.   This year, however, we were not so lucky.  In order to bring the case numbers down, more severe restrictions were imposed which led to a complete closing down of the construction industry and as a result our company was left without any work and all of us were stood down.  Originally it was for two weeks only but now it's extended to a further four!!!  😢😢😢

Reiss Cecilia of-shoulder dress

My gym, which has been my refuge for many years is closed too, as everything else except essential services.  At least we are still allowed to go outside but just to get some take-aways, do the grocery shopping, walking or exercising.  I have already cut my hair twice 💇but it will need a professional colour treatment pretty soon and if the lockdown continues, it's going to be a problem.  I am sure, this scenario is very familiar to all of you, so enough said.  

Reiss Cecilia of-shoulder dress

My husband and I are trying to stay fit and keep a positive attitude as much as possible😊.  We do a lot of walking, reading and TV watching.  We really enjoyed watching Atlantic Crossing.  Based on historical facts, it is a story about the romance that blossomed between FDR and the Royal Princess of Norway during WWII.

Reiss Cecilia of-shoulder dress

The other one of our favourites was a lovely Italian drama series Made in Italy about the birth of Italian fashion industry set in 70's Milan in the offices of a fashion magazine called Appeal.  Rumour has it that the show is based on the life of late famed Editor-in-Chief of Vogue Italia,  FrancaSozzani.  I couldn't take my eyes off the miniskirts, high boots, big sunglasses, head scarves that were so expertly curated to reflect that era.  And speaking of fashion, I would like to tell you about the dress I am wearing.

Reiss Cecilia of-shoulder dress

It is yet another dress from Reiss.  I love this label but only dare to buy their clothes when they go on sale, which offers quite a generous discount.  If you are a regular reader of my blog, you might remember me modelling a few Reiss items I acquired in a similar manner, otherwise I find that their price tags are rather high.  I was looking for a dress to wear to dinner to celebrate our wedding anniversary and since it is in the middle of the Australian winter, I thought this knit dress would be perfect.  

Reiss Cecilia of-shoulder dress

The knitted dress is a big trend this winter season and there are so many options to suit everyone's taste, shape and budget.  From hugging rib dresses to luxurious cashmere turtlenecks, the knitted dress offers daylong comfort without compromising on style.

Reiss Cecilia of-shoulder dress

As on previous occasions, I found this dress on-line .  Its newly discounted price tag caught my initial attention.  I immediately liked its chic berry hue that reminds me of the colour of ripe figs.  The shape of the neck with a flattering off-the shoulder feature with a zip running along one shoulder, the draped silhouette and with yet another decorative zip running off-centre of the skirt - these appealing features confirmed my decision to buy it.

Reiss Cecilia of-shoulder dress

I was imagining wearing it to our anniversary dinner at one of our local faves called Brown Sugar with my LV classic black patent pumps and an oversized necklace which I bought in Sorrento a couple of years ago and only wear on special occasions, but it was not meant to be.  COVID has struck again and most of our state went into lockdown.  Nevertheless, we decided that since we can't go out, we will celebrate it at home and asked the restaurant to cook our celebratory dinner.

Reiss Cecilia of-shoulder dress

I covered our dining table with a linen tablecloth and used our finest glassware and crockery to make it look special.  When the food arrived, I lit up a candle, my husband poured our favourite wine, we made a toast and proceed to eat dinner.  My husband ordered their signature fish pie with leek and truffle oil with Paris mash while I enjoyed their squid ink pasta with spanner crab followed by a fruit crumble with vanilla ice cream which we shared.  The food was cooked to perfection, the dishes packed in special containers and were still hot when we unpacked them.  And the instruction on how to cook and assemble the crumble was dead simple.  It was not exactly how we planned it, but we made an effort to make this evening special and that is what counts.

How do you celebrate an occasion while on lockdown?  Please share your ideas in the comment section below.  I really appreciate your intake.

Reiss Cecilia of-shoulder dress

 Until then


Anna,
xoxo

This post was featured on Links à la Mode fashion roundup by Independent Fashion Bloggers.

More fashion articles:

22 comments:

  1. Happy anniversary Anna! Its good to celebrate at home. Perhaps next year in a restaurant again. I'm very sorry to read about your work. These are harsh times aren't they. But at least you look gorgeous!! Lol. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Nancy. Can't wait till its over. Have a great week ahead

      Delete
  2. I hope you come out of lockdown soon Anna. It's certainly tough going through it. I'm going to check out Made In Italy. Sounds like my cup of tea. The dress looks great, yo know I'm such a fan of Reiss.But I think I love our armchair more! What a beautiful piece of furniture. Happy anniversary xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Laurie. Glad you like them. It took them 4 months to arrive from Italy but it was worth the wait. They completely transform our living room :)

      Delete
  3. Happy anniversary, Anna, love the colour of your dress#anythinggoes@_karendennis

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great idea to have the restaurant make your dinner anyways and dress up for the occasion: this is such a great dress on you! I am sorry about the lockdown and hopefully you all will be able to be out and about soon and back to work.
    www.chezmireillefashiontravelmom.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Mireielle, somehow it's more difficult second time around

      Delete
  5. Your dress is beautiful and happy anniversary! I love that you can change the look of the skirt with the zip! We celebrated quite a few things last year by ordering in, just the way of the world now! It can certainly still feel special! :)

    Hope your week is off to a good start :)

    Away From The Blue

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Anna - I had my 60th birthday in lockdown, plus our 10th wedding anniversary. The only way to celebrate is to have a wonderful meal, ideally delivered. A lot of top restaurants here started food deliveries to make money during lockdown.
    Love your burgundy dress. Looks very special, particularly with the necklace. Thanks for linking!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Anniversary! I'm sorry about the lockdown but I'm glad you had the restaurant cook your favorite food for the special day. You look gorgeous and that's a beautiful dress!
    xoxo
    Lovely
    www.mynameislovely.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anna, I'm so sorry that Covid is affecting you more seriously this time. It was good that you were able to get your favourite meal delivered though!
    I LOVE your dress, especially with that little sexy slit!! It's gorgeous on you!
    Hugs
    Suzy xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Many congrats on your anniversary! You looked fabulous. I’m sorry it al, had to occur during lockdown, but it looks as if you made the best of it.

    Michelle
    https://mybijoulifeonline.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a classy and beautiful dress, I love the port wine color! Loved the coordinated lipstick too! It sure was tough when we had lockdown and we could only walk outside and be at home. I understand! I love Reiss' clothing, but would only buy during sales, Ill have to check them out. Beautiful Anna!
    jess xx
    www.elegantlydressedadstylish.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thankyou Jess, I always wait for the sale, the clothes is lovely but the prices are rather high :)

      Delete
  11. Happy anniversary! I love your dress, it's so elegant. Made in Italy sounds great - I'll have to check it out! Thanks for linking up!

    Emma xxx
    www.style-splash.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your husband is a lucky man!
    That dress is truly stunning - I need to steal your wardrobe!
    What a beautiful table you set for your Anniversary … must lift my game!
    Donna
    🧚🏻‍♀️❤️🐝
    https:donnadoesdresses.com

    ReplyDelete