Saturday 27 December 2014

SUMMER ESSENTIALS - CAPRI PANTS

Hello again, everyone

I trust that you all had a fantastic Christmas and are gearing up for New Year!!!

Ours is going to be quite modest due to my husband’s heart operation which he had in September, we don't want to go anywhere which is remotely crowded or too noisy.  So we are planning to have a fabulous dinner with our friends at a restaurant called Monopole and we will watch the fireworks from their apartment overlooking the Harbour Bridge.

Now that Christmas is over it does not mean that we, in OZ, stop partying.  There is still New Year to come and as summer is in full swing in the Southern Hemisphere, we, Australians spend a great deal of time outdoors eating, drinking, swimming, sailing and generally having a ball.

And what is one the great fashion staples that is perfect for summer weather?  The answer is a pair of Capri pants.  I will be honest with you, I have never been a big fan of short pants.  I have seen so many women wearing these type of pants that did not suit them that I quite often felt tempted to ask why would they wear such unflattering clothes?  

white capri pants

Then one day I walked into a Trenery store and saw a pair of white linen Capri pants.  Actually, I was looking for regular white slacks but I saw these and decided to give them a go.  As is my common practice, I brought them home and then spent the next hour mixing and matching them with what was in my closet to see how they would work together.

Mixing and matching is a lot of fun, it is a great skill that becomes better with practice.  It helps to utilise the contents of your wardrobe to its maximum capacity.  Once you have mastered it, you will be surprised about how many different looks you can create and how many various outfits you actually own.  Not to mention that is a very practical way to save money and time so you don’t have to look for a new dress every time you received an invitation to a dinner party.

Following wise saying that, "a picture worth is a thousand words", I decided to take a different approach to writing about fashion and instead of just telling you what type of pants you should or should not wear, etc. (cyberspace is clogged with websites giving women this type of advice, so that there is nothing new left to add) but rather I will share with you some images of my take on Capri pants. I sincerely hope that they would give you some ideas and inspiration on how to wear yours.

However, if you have any questions to this post or any of my previous publications, please drop me a line and I would be more than happy to help.

On this note I wish you all a fabulous New Year and I will see you again in 2015!!!

Until then

Black and White is always trendy
Pants:  Trenery
Shoes:  Senso
T-shirt:  Sportsgirl
Sunglasses:  Ray Ban

Elegant shoes and smart jacket will change the look from casual to chic
capri pants+jacket+elegant look
  
Jacket:  Zara
Shoes:  Miu Miu (as before)
Bag:  Coach (as before)

With the help of an oversized tunic and contrasting shoes I am ready to rock 
white capri pants +red shoes

Top:  Prada
Cardigan:  Sloane Society
Shoes:  Chloe

Keep it simple and let the accessories do the talking

T-shirt:  Trenery
Shoes:  ZaZou


No comments:

Post a Comment