Saturday 18 May 2024

WHAT I WORE LAST WEEKEND

Hello my dear friends, hope you are well

After  a few weeks of torrential rains, Mother Nature finally took mercy, cleared up the skies and let the sun shine upon us. Hallelujah!!!

The timing coudn't be better as the pile of washing in my laundry has grown up to the ceiling and everything in my wardrobe and linen cupboards felt damp to the touch.

But when I woke up and saw the sun streaming through the blinds, my first urge was to go down to the beach and have a nice long walk along the coast to enjoy the warmth of the sun on my face and to take a deep breath of the fresh smell of the ocean and so we did.

There are many coastal walks around Sydney, each of them offering different views, all of them spectacular in their own way but for me there is one walk that every visitor and resident of Sydney should take – a cliff top coastal walk from Bondi to Coogee in the Sydney's Eastern Suburbs. Whenever we have visitors from out of  town or overseas, we always recommend them to take this walk.  It runs for almost 6 km and although we have never done the full circle as in some parts of the walk could be quite steep or there would be a lot of up and down steps which my husband is not a big fan of so over the years we developed our favourite routes that suit his fitness and like to alternate between them.

As the name suggests, it runs along the coast of the Pacific Ocean and features stunning views, beaches, cliffs, bays and rock pools.  You can stop at any time to take a dip, to surf or have a coffee and a snack at one of the many coffee shops along the route.

On this particular day, we chose the path that runs between Bondi and Bronte beaches for two reasons.  Number one, the path is mostly flat and number two - we were meeting our friends for lunch at one of the cafes overlooking Bronte Beach

Normally, if we are going for a walk, I prefer to wear my gym clothes but since we were having a lunch too, I didn't want to look like I have just finished my training session at the gym.  These days many people, young and old, tend to wear gym clothes anywhere they go but I resent doing that.  I am a big believer that different occasions require a different style of clothes.  

I still wanted to feel comfortable and not so out of place, so I put on my wide-legged ecru colour un-cuffed jeans and a bright orange oversized shirt.  I feel that my clothes should reflect the sunny weather and my good mood.

As for accessories, I chose to wear a long string of beads wrapped around my neck in a complimentary blue colour.  If you follow my blog, you might remember me talking about the the nature of complimentary colours in relation to colour theory and today I am following the same principal.  I like how the blue colour really stands out against the orange.  I am also wearing a turquoise ring to complement the necklace.

And that is that.  Be well, everyone

Until then

Annađź’–



 

16 comments:

  1. You look so fabulous in orange and loving the backdrop of all these pics! Love the addition of that pretty beaded necklace!

    https://www.kathrineeldridge.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kathrine, have a great weekend :)

      Delete
  2. You look beautiful. The backdrop is stunning as well.
    www.rsrue.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful views! I love walking by the ocean and this coast is stunning. Love your orange top: brings a lot of joy!
    www.chezmireillefashiontravelmom.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you Mireille, have a great weekend :)

      Delete
  4. Love this bold orange. I don’t have much in this shade therefore never wear it. I might have to address that! Do join my linkup over on Mummabstylish today xx Jacqui

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you Jacqui, I am sure it will look lovely on you :)

      Delete
  5. That shirt has my name written on it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the bright orange shirt, it looks fabulous on you - especially in the glorious sunshine! Thanks for linking!

    Emma xxx
    www.style-splash.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love that shirt, colour and style.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You wear orange so well! And those views are amazing!

    Jill - Doused in Pink

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cool! Kaschmir-T-Shirts eignen sich perfekt fĂĽr solch sonniges Wetter, da die Haut sehr gut atmet.

    ReplyDelete