Tuesday 20 February 2024

HOW I STYLED MY NEW LINEN JUMPSUIT

Hello my dear readers, hope you are all well.
GREEN BELTED LINEN JUMPSUIT
This jumpsuit that I recently found in Myer department store was a totally accidental purchase.  In fact the reason I was there in the first place was because my younger daughter asked me to return some of her purchases that she didn't have time (they are all so busy) to do it herself.  
GREEN BELTED LINEN JUMPSUIT
Besides, the Australian summer is almost at it's end and I was not going to buy anything that will have to wait another 6 months to be worn.  However, when I saw this fun looking green belted linen jumpsuit, I couldn't resist its bright print.  On top of that,  it was hugely discounted that tipped the purchase of it.
GREEN BELTED LINEN JUMPSUIT
There was one feature of it, though, that I was not sure about - thin spaghetti straps which usually  means that you can wear a decent bra underneath.  However, on a closer inspection I saw that the back panel of the jumpsuit was elastic that tightens up the fabric around your rib cage and keeps everything nicely tucked in place.  You know what I mean.
GREEN BELTED LINEN JUMPSUIT
It comes with the belt which is made out of the same fabric which I like, it also has side pockets and closes with a side zipper.  Tick, tick, tick.
I had a few ideas of what to wear with it and decided to go for the bold statement.  Thus I settled for the red colour shoes and a handbag.  If you look at the colour wheel, you will see that red and green sit right opposite each other and thus are called complimentary colours.  The best and most recognisable example of this winning combo would be the Christmas colour scheme.  
GREEN BELTED LINEN JUMPSUIT
Sadly, these I don't wear these red suede shoes very often so I jumped on the opportunity to air them out.  My LV handbag is quite old, alas not vintage and goes perfectly with the shoes.  I like the playful vibe behind this outfit.  Wouldn't you agree?
GREEN BELTED LINEN JUMPSUIT
Is a jumpsuit your cup of tea?  And if yes, would you prefer it to be in one solid colour or print?  Please share your thoughts in the comment section below.  I really value your opinions, my dear readers.
GREEN BELTED LINEN JUMPSUIT
Outfit details: Jumpsuit (Wayne Cooper), Shoes by Edward Meller - Old (worn here)
GREEN BELTED LINEN JUMPSUIT

Until then,

Anna
xoxoxo

28 comments:

  1. The jumpsuit is fabulous! I love the print and the contrast of the sandals!

    https://www.kathrineeldridge.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need have a picture of the color wheel on my phone to help me create some fun color combinations. I have a couple jumpsuits and one of my favorites is a navy blue one with stripes. I have a couple loose fitting ones that works with a layer one too.
    www.chezmireillefashiontravelmom.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you want to have fun with colours, I suggest you look at the colours that sit opposite each other so your navy blue jumpsuit will look great paired with something yellow, for example. :)

      Delete
  3. What a serendipitous find! The green belted linen jumpsuit sounds like a perfect addition to your wardrobe, especially with the fun print and discounted price.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That jumpsuit is just fabulous on you! So glad you got it-and for a deal too! I love that you accessorized with red. Great combo!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You were right about buying this beautiful jumpsuit as it looks fabulous on you! And the red is very good with it! A very attractive outfit!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That the problem with "popping in" to store you never leave empty handed LOL. What a great jumpsuit. I use to have a dress with a print like this it was so fun to wear. It looks great with the red sandals.

    Allie of
    www.allienyc.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Allie, "popping in" could be fun but one needs to be careful :)

      Delete
  7. Love it, looks great! :)

    https://brigittapasztor.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the colour combination here. The details are also well thought. You look amazing.
    https://www.photosbycris.com.au/should-i-buy-high-end-luxury-property/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, how I ADORE this jumpsuit! This look is making me excited for spring and summer here in the states. I love the pop of red too :)

    Shauna

    www.lipglossandlace.net

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your jumpsuit, the print is fabulous! The red shoes and bag look amazing with it! Thanks for linking!

    Emma xxx
    www.style-splash.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Jumpsuits are an obsession of mine. I love that it’s one and done and this one you are featuring is so beautiful. The print is gorgeous. I am also not a fan of anything with thin spaghetti straps for multiple reasons but I think the high neckline here makes this one perfect. The pop of red is gorgeous and really complements the jumpsuit.

    Maureen | www.littlemisscasual.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous! I would never have thought to wear the red shoes with it (and, being a painter, I'm very familiar with the color wheel, just never think of it when I'm putting together an outfit!). Thank you for that! I would love to wear a cute jumpsuit, but I am one of those women who find it too inconvenient, if you know what I mean. 😁 #WowOnWednesday

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you Jean, I know exactly what you mean but sometimes you have to go against your better judgment :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. A lovely jumpsuit! I love the colour, pattern and the thin straps, thanks to the secret mesh. Thanks for linking!

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is a nice pattern and the jumpsuit looks great on you. :)

    ReplyDelete