Monday 20 February 2023

ALL WHITE OUTFIT WITH PINK STRIPE SHIRT FOR A HOT SUMMER DAY


Hello dear friends, how are you all?

The last couple of weeks were extremely hot, even by Australian standards and having learnt the hard way about skin cancer, protecting my skin from the damage of the sun has become absolutely paramount.   

These days I am not only slathering myself with 50+ sunblock (it was 15+ when I landed in Sydney 30 years ago, lol) but I seldom leave the house without carrying with me some sort of cover, whether it is a scarf, a blazer or in this case, a linen shirt).

Thanks to the fashion designers who care about our skin and focus on designing for us all these bright, attractive, adorable oversized blouses and shirts of all colours of the rainbow so we not only are protected but look good too.  
Case in point, this cheerful bright pink and white stripped oversized shirt from on-line retailer ICONIC that my older daughter who works in the fashion industry and knows exactly what is on trend at any given moment bought for me.   She also knows that her mother loves wearing pink colours so here we are.

If it wasn’t for her, I would have bought it myself in exactly the same colour hue.  First of all, I think it suits my complexion and the colour looks great against tanned skin and secondly I love reinforcing this hue by also wearing oversized hoops in a lighter shade.

I kept the other elements of my outfit plain and simple; a white denim skirt and a white linen sleeveless top.  Here is the short story about this skirt.  If my memory serves me right, the last you saw me wearing it was back in 2017 when we were on holidays in Sorrento and were on a boat excursion to view the Blue Grotto off the island of Capri. 
We all had to climb over the side of the boat to get into a small dingy in order to get inside the Blue Grotto.  You can only imagine what a sight it was when I was trying to swing my legs over the rim while trying to keep my skirt from hiking up.  I was so humiliated from that experience that I promised to myself never to wear it again.

But as the saying goes: "Time is the best remedy" so the skirt is back on rotation.

Hope this funny story has made you smile 😀. 

Until then,

 Anna

xoxoxo 

27 comments:

  1. Love this breezy look! I love that you added the button down for a pop of color. Glad you are wearing the skirt again. :)

    https://www.kathrineeldridge.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kathrine, while I still can :)

      Delete
  2. I had forgotten I found a similar white skirt last year! Now I am looking forward to wearing it again! I have a little camo skirt that I don't wear too often because it is a little too short for everyday wear but my white one is a good one.
    www.chezmireillefashiontravelmom.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Mireille, I believe I saw your in short skirts before and you look stunning. Can't wait to see you in them again :)

      Delete
  3. I love this outfit, Anna! It’s so nice to see beautifully summery outfit while we are in winter here. And yes, pink is great on you! Ha! That would be tough - getting in a boat with that skirt. But it looks fabulous on you and so I’m glad it’s no longer banished.

    Michelle
    https://funkyfashionstyle.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you Michelle, I still chuckling just thinking about it :)

      Delete
  4. Yes I grew up with my mom lecturing me about the sun and the damage it does so I stayed out and wore sun screen. She always looked much younger then her age and i do too so it pays off. Loving this easy breezy white and pink look!!

    Allie of
    allienyc.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you Allie. This is one piece of advise that we all should take on, the sun is a killer.

      Delete
  5. I am envious of the sunny weather there! Can't wait to get warmer here. I love your hoops! And the lovely summer look!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Nancy, not too long to wait, I hope :)

      Delete
  6. Haha, I'm glad you got over the brush with indignity and have this skirt back in your rotation. Love the striped shirt with your white column - breezy and cool.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you Sally, I still chuckle just thinking about it :)

      Delete
  7. Very pretty look!

    https://marylyl.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the bright pink with the monochrome white! A cover up for the sun is definitely a must have, especially in summer when we spend more time outdoors.

    Thanks for joining the Weekday Wear Link up :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sunny days are my favourite. I despise when it's freezing out. I just hope the same could be said about Scotland. Can't wait for it to start warming up around here. Your hoops are really cute! And what a beautiful outfit for the summer!
    https://www.melodyjacob.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you Melody, not too long to wait, I hope :)

      Delete
  10. What a beautiful and cute white outfit. I love the added pop of pink and I agree! I always have a cover up when I am out and about. I am not a fan of the sun hitting my skin and lately it’s just been so hot when summer rolls around.

    Maureen | www.littlemisscasual.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Maureen, it does feel too much sometimes

      Delete
  11. Such a cute summer look! I am digging the print striped shirt- what a great piece!

    Hope you're having a great weekend! I've got a new post up here; come check it out when you have a chance!

    -Ashley

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you Ashley, will certainly do :)

      Delete
  12. Ah this head to toe white linen look with the pink stripes is so fun and yes perfect for the heat.NY gets super hot in the summer too, and HUMID. Not looking forward to the humidity. And indeed good to cover up.

    Allie of
    www.allienyc.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Super cute outfit!

    Love,
    Krissi of the marquise diamond
    https://www.themarquisediamond.de

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a great outfit. It is perfect for summer.https://www.bauchlefashion.com/2023/03/spring-into-fashion-5-fashion-trends-to.html

    ReplyDelete