Sunday 5 February 2023

HOW TO STYLE BERMUDA SHORTS WHEN GOING TO AN ART EXHIBITION

 Hello dear friends, how are you all?

February is officially the last month of the Australian summer and statistically the hottest month with the highest level of humidity which does not do any good to my hair.  Hence, it is not my most favourite time of summer.  I used to love a day like that but lately I prefer the cooler weather, at least in the evening and at night.  I love going down to the beach for a sundowner when the sun has not touched down until after 8 pm but its rays have lost their intensity and everything becomes rather subdued and the fresh breeze caresses your skin and you reach for your linen blazer to drape it over your shoulders while sipping an Aperol Spritz and watching the world going by.

The linen blazer is one piece of clothing that I wear a lot through autumn, spring and even in summer.  Like today, for example, we went to a local art gallery to view a private collection of contemporary artists that was on sale as a part of an estate - not a grand affair by any standards to qualify for a dress -up but not a drink night at our local pub either.  So I decided to merge the two vibes into one - party on the top, casual on the bottom.

Once I knew in which direction I was going, the rest was just a matter of choosing what top would I like to wear over the pair of Bermuda shorts and what else in my wardrobe could assist me in elevating this outfit.  

Thus I settled for a sleeveless satin top in a warm orange colour, a neutral coloured linen blazer that I could wear over it or just drape it over my shoulders and a silk orange scarf with a black and white geometrical print that I tied over my Furla handbag.  It became useful once we stepped inside the gallery and were greeted by the chill blast coming from the air-conditioning.

The collection was amazing, from Andy Warhol to great Australian artists like Charles Blackman and Sidney Nolan with price tags way out of our league but we still enjoyed it.

Afterwards we took a walk around the grounds, taking pictures and admiring the beautifully landscaped and maintained gardens.

Until then,

Anna

xoxoxo


18 comments:

  1. I love that shade of orange, Anna! This satin top looks fabulous on you, and perfect for a summer’s day. I could feel the rush of air conditioning when you entered the gallery though. You planned your outfit perfectly. Now, I just need to join you on the beach at sunset. Where’s a transporter when you need one?

    Michelle
    https://funkyfashionstyle.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Michelle. Would love you to come and share a drink with me, Michelle. Maybe one day :)

      Delete
  2. Simple and easy style. cOMFY i MUST SAY.
    https://www.melodyjacob.com/2023/02/how-to-style-cargo-pants-and-puffy.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome ❤️
    Your creativity is inspiring !
    Nice article, thanks for sharing this!

    Ferbena.com | Hijab-style.com/a>

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like the addition of the scarf to the purse. The orange is a pretty shade and I do enjoy my bermuda shorts in the summer when I want more coverage.
    www.chezmireillefashiontravelmom.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a classic chic look! I adore the satin tank with the blazer. That aperol spritz sounds perfect for summer!

    https://www.kathrineeldridge.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kathrine, it is a go to drink this Sydney summer :)

      Delete
  6. I never wear bermuda shorts to go out, I usually wear them more to stay at home. You styled this piece very elegantly, I loved the combination of accessories and it even made me want to try this type of shorts too.
    TrĂªs de Dezembro

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love how you styled your bermuda shorts. Simple yet so chic! I am not a fan of summer so I can understand everything you said about your hottest month. Yuck!

    Maureen | www.littlemisscasual.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh it's so nice to attend a exhibition, we love to do so. And you are perfectly dressed for it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You nailed this look! I love the blended fancy chic/casual vibe.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I wear shorts like this a lot in summer, and they're great to dress up! Love the orange satin top. Your last month of summer is our last month of winter. Can't wait! Thanks for linking Anna.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I know, soon you will be wearing short sleeves and we will be bundled up in our puffy jackets. Luckily for us, our winter is so much warmer then yours :) Thank you for hosting

    ReplyDelete