Sunday 9 October 2016

"50" SHADES OF GREY AND MIXING PRINTS

Hi everyone,

There is an interesting thing about clothes:  you buy an item of clothing that is hot right now, wear it a few times and the next thing you know, it’s become old fashioned overnight; and, on the other hand, there are clothes that can outlast many trends and fabs and somehow never looked dated.  I am not talking about statement, timeless pieces such as a classic YSL smoking jacket or black pumps or a LBD, I am talking about simple pieces of clothing, in my wardrobe anyway, that do not belong to any particular era, fashion craze or trend, their style is unidentifiable and thus with the help of right accessories and other fashion elements, could be easily adapted to a current trend.  That is probably why, every time I think of saying goodbye to them, I change my mind because deep down I know they would come back and I would wear them again.

Case in point, the pants that I am wearing today.  They have been in my wardrobe much longer that I care to remember, I would say they are circa 2009 and yet here I am in 2016 modelling them to you. 
If you ask me to describe the pattern of the fabric they are made of, I would say it has a tribal pattern or I could say it has a very distinctive geometric pattern or its palette is a combination of strong, bold colours, depending on what the fashion magazines are calling hot right now.

They are held by a drawstring rather than a belt which not only makes them very comfy but also provides me with the option of adjusting the waist size depending on my current weigh that goes up dramatically while we are on holidays or after extensive partying.  That and the wrinkle free light fabric are the reasons that they were in my suitcase on our recent trip to Bali.  It is amazing how the colours blended with a beautiful Bali sunset.


They have that easy-going vibe and whenever I cannot think of what to wear; I instinctively reach for my “tribal pants” and some loose-fit t-shirt.  Today is not a hot day and so I needed to add a couple of layers to keep the chill off.  I also wanted to play with different patterns within the same monochromatic grey colour range.  And for that reason, I chose a scarf with big circles pattern in monochromatic hues.  My cardigan that I bought at Bondi Markets last season is also one of those loose-fit, non-descript garments that could easily be worn anywhere anytime.

I think these long bohemian-looking earrings are a perfect match to this outfit

A of ballet flats and aviator "sunnies" and I am off.


I am wearing:  pants - BCBGMaxazria , t-shirt - Boss Orange, shoes - Michael Kors, bag - Gucci, sunnies - Chanel, cardigan - Lounge, earrings - Bondi Markets

No comments:

Post a Comment