Wednesday 22 December 2021

AUSTRALIAN SUMMER ESSENTIALS - A COTTON DRESS & MATCHING SUNGLASSES

 Hello dear friends,

AUSTRALIAN SUMMER ESSENTIALS - A COTTON DRESS & MATCHING SUNGLASSES

It has been quite a while since my last post and alas, for a very worrying reason.  If you follow my blog on a regular basis, you might recall that a few months ago I had a skin cancer and had to have surgery to have it removed (more about it here).  This time this awful disease struck my husband and in a far more serious way.  Not only did he have to undergo massive surgery, he also needs to have six weeks of radiotherapy which starts on the 5th of January 2022😟.  So as you can see that fashion has been far from my mind.

AUSTRALIAN SUMMER ESSENTIALS - A COTTON DRESS & MATCHING SUNGLASSES

Anyhow, he is almost recovered from the surgery and decided to have all the fun he can cram between now and the 5th, hence I put my foot down and asked him to resume his role as my photographer.

AUSTRALIAN SUMMER ESSENTIALS - A COTTON DRESS & MATCHING SUNGLASSES

Funny enough but there is a direct link between skin cancer and my today's outfit.  It is well known fact about the harshness of the Australian sun🌞 and the importance of using sunblock 50+ (recommended), hats, umbrellas and long sleeves to protect our skin from exposure to UV radiation from the sun due to the depletion in the  ozone layer over Australia.

AUSTRALIAN SUMMER ESSENTIALS - A COTTON DRESS & MATCHING SUNGLASSES

So it was no brainer for me that after having a skin cancer scare, I need to take serious precautions.  I now wear a hat πŸ‘’.  this is one accessory that I loath, simply because in all my life I haven't come across head gear that suits my face.  Also, the hat totally ruins my carefully coiffed hair which cause me a lot of grief.   Now that I have no choice and after trying gazillion of hats of different styles and colours, I settled for the best I can get away with -  a baseball cap. 

AUSTRALIAN SUMMER ESSENTIALS - A COTTON DRESS & MATCHING SUNGLASSES 

I was also told to keep my shoulders covered but I didn't mind that at all, especially since I just bought from Zara this light, tangerine-colour tunic which I really like.  And what's not to like about it? It has a chest patch and side in-seam pockets, an asymmetric hem and a button-up front.  But even before I discovered its hidden treasures, I was drawn to its happy summery vibe.  Besides, it matches perfectly my newly acquired sun-glasses from Valley which I bought simply because I love their 70's vibe and classic oversized shape of their pastel coloured frames.

AUSTRALIAN SUMMER ESSENTIALS - A COTTON DRESS & MATCHING SUNGLASSES

When you are wearing a dress of this simple easy-fit style, the best footwear is a pair of flat sandals, open toe shoes or sneakers.  Since the day was quite warm and we were on the way to have lunch, I opted for the open toe shoes.  It happened to be a very hot day but I didn't feel that at allπŸ‘πŸ˜Ž.

AUSTRALIAN SUMMER ESSENTIALS - A COTTON DRESS & MATCHING SUNGLASSES

And on this bright note I would like to wish you all a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!!!πŸŽ„πŸŽ…πŸŽ‰

Until then,

Anna πŸ˜„πŸ˜„πŸ˜„

AUSTRALIAN SUMMER ESSENTIALS - A COTTON DRESS & MATCHING SUNGLASSES

This post was featured on Links Γ  la Mode fashion roundup by Independent Fashion Bloggers.

More fashion articles:

You can also get featured! All you have to do is to submit your blog posts here

27 comments:

  1. I hope radiation will take care of the rest and that your husband will recuperate quickly. I have been trying to wear hats a lot more in the summer here. I get sunspots on my face sometimes so I have been pretty consistent in keeping my face protected. I am not good about putting on sunscreen though. Love your lightweight orange dress. It looks breezy!
    www.chezmireillefashiontravelmom.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Anna I'm so sorry to read about your husband. And for you of course. I cross my fingers for both of you that in the end everything can go back to,,normal,, again. Those glasses I already saw on IG, they look fantastic on you. Just like the beautiful dress, what a gorgeous soft summer colour.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that bright dress and the sunnies match so well! It's so important to be sunsafe, I have been starting to take hats along when I'm at the park with the kids too - they have hats so I probably should wear mine too! And I love a good physical sunblock with a kimono :)

    Hope that things go well with you and your husband - it's bad you both had a scare! Sending good wishes for the radiation - not a nice thing to have to go through but it will be good if it works!

    Hope that you have a wonderful Christmas :)

    Away From The Blue

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a lovely print on the dress! I'm sorry to learn about your husband's cancer. That must have been really scary. Sending lots of love and strength for the radiotherapy.
    xoxo
    Lovely
    www.mynameislovely.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your care, Lovely. Have a great 2022

      Delete
  5. I’m so sorry your husband is have to endure a huge surgery and radiation. So stressful for the both of you.

    Your dress is lovely. I like everything about it! Wishing you and yours a wonderful Christmas!

    Michelle
    https://mybijoulifeonline.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the print and color. You are looking so beautiful.

    Love: Mariann Yip
    https://www.mariannyc.com/farewell-2021/

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this dress on you! Such a pretty color!

    You had such a stylish year, babe! Cheers to 2022!

    -Ashley
    Le Stylo Rouge

    ReplyDelete
  8. The dress is lovely Anna. I've always worn good SPF too. I hope your husband fairs well with the treatment. Happy new year to you. xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sending you lots of love, loving your sun dress and the matching eye glass.


    Bernie,
    The Style Fanatic

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a beautiful dress and sunglasses. I like your your outfit. Happy New Year.

    ReplyDelete
  11. You look great!
    -Nina
    http://www.stylingwithnina.com/2022/01/happy-new-year-6-year-blogiversary.html

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm so sorry to hear about your husband Anna. I hope his treatment goes well. I love your dress and sunglasses. I used to loathe hats too but now I love them - I think you just have to keep trying until you find one you like. I usually buy a size large if that's an option as they tend to do less damage to my hair and don't leave an unsightly groove on my forehead. Thanks for linking up, Happy New Year!

    Emma xxx
    www.style-splash.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you for your kind words Emma, hope 2022 will be better for all of us

    ReplyDelete
  14. Why are always looking so chic!!

    Thank you for inspire me dear!

    Diana - Summer Hijab Outfit Ideas

    ReplyDelete
  15. Do you regularly go to the swimming pool, but you haven’t yet found the ideal portable device to listen to music while chaining lengths? Do you want equipment ready to withstand all the tests?

    The best waterproof MP3 player is the ideal companion for your physical activities, whether you practice your crawl or run in all weathers.

    ReplyDelete