Wednesday 13 March 2019

SOMETHING OLD, SOMETHING NEW

While the weather is Sydney is still very hot for Autumn, we know that the cold days are just around the corner which means that it is time to give your summer wardrobe a review, pack away the clothes that you would like to wear next summer and get rid of the ones that you don't need.  
Bec + Bridge Only in Paris Skirt
My review is based on a few rules that I try to abide as reasonably as possible.  Rule number one:  when a new purchase comes into my wardrobe, an old one in the same category should leave, otherwise you end up with an inflated wardrobe with far too many similar looking items.
Bec + Bridge Only in Paris Skirt
Rule number two:  if there a piece of clothing in my wardrobe that I haven't worn during the current season, chances are I will be not wearing it when the next season comes around.  In this case, I pack it away and see what happens.  If I haven't thought about it for a while that means that I don't need it and it's time to donate it to charity.
Bec + Bridge Only in Paris Skirt
Of course, as with every rule, there are exceptions.  I would never part with my designer shoes nor handbags, for example or the classic timeless pieces that never go out of style.
Bec + Bridge Only in Paris Skirt
Case in point, this black cropped blazer.  It has been in my wardrobe for years, I bought it in Zara when we were holidaying in Paris.  I liked it then and I still do, except that the buttons that looked a bit cheap so I replaced them with the ones made out of mother of pearl which gave this blazer immediate lift.   Over the years I have tried to find a replacement but mostly the blazers that I tried on were rather long coming down to my hips and I never looked good in any of them.  So until I find the one that I will be 100% happy about, this one stays.
Bec + Bridge Only in Paris Skirt
That said, I've notices that lately my taste in skirts has changed dramatically.  I used to love to wear pencil skirts and still have quite a few hanging in my closet but recently I've noticed that despite my vigorous fitness regime and healthy eating habits, my body has become the subject of inevitable changes that mostly affected my hips and although I still wear the same clothes size as ten years ago, some styles, like pencil skirts for example, are not for me anymore.  
Bec + Bridge Only in Paris Skirt
The current size fits too tightly but when I try one size up, I look like I am dressed in a potato sack.  So it was time to try something different and after a few unsuccessful experiments, I think I have found my new style in skirts  - bias-cut with fluid-falling hem skirt.  
Bec + Bridge Only in Paris Skirt
This bright sunny yellow silk skirt from Australian fashion brand Bec and Bridge is my first attempt to ease into new territory and I must say I am loving it.   I feel so much comfortable now, the fitting feels right but not tight and I don't need to worry whether I will be able to wear it right after a big meal.
Bec + Bridge Only in Paris Skirt
Besides, I love its warm rich marigold colour a lot,  it's has this happy and uplifting vibe and matches well with many others.
Bec + Bridge Only in Paris Skirt
At first, I tried this outfit with black court shoes but they looked heavy with the skirt so I swapped them for white coloured open-toe ones from Celine that together with a Georgio Armani handbag I bought on my first trip to Italy on our honeymoon in 2017!!!  Going back to what I said at the beginning of this post:
"I would never part with my designer shoes nor handbags"
Bec + Bridge Only in Paris Skirt
The other reason I chose these shoes was that they kind of match the pearl buttons on the blazer and the top which I wore under it.
Bec + Bridge Only in Paris Skirt
It was quite a windy day and I was struggling to find a quite spot, hence few different backgrounds.
Bec + Bridge Only in Paris Skirt
Have you ever come across similar problem and how do you tackle it?  Please share your experience in the comment section below.
Today I am wearing:
Blazer:  Zara (old)
Skirt:  Bec and Bridge 
Shoes:  Celine (old)
Handbag: Georgio Armani (old)

Love to you all,

Anna
SHOP MY LOOK:

29 comments:

  1. That is such a beautiful skirt! I've seen so many in this style around, although I feel they'd be a bit dressy for days with the boys!

    Hope your week is going well :)

    Away From The Blue

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Mica, you are right, these style of skirts are everywhere and I've seen girls wearing them with a pair of sneakers and a t-shirt. Enjoy your weekend

      Delete
  2. Yellow and Navy are a perfect pairing Anna. And they both look a perfect fit too. I keep forgetting that you are just about to begin your winter xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Laurie, you are right about the winter seasons although it still pretty warm down under

      Delete
  3. What gorgeous pieces together - I might have to try this one out myself - thanks for the inspo. Jacqui Mummabstylish Do stop over and join the #chicandstylish #linkup today.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I used to be much better about the one in/one out policy!! Needless to say I've kept more than I've given away lately!!
    And I adore this yellow skirt...it's so fabulous on you!!
    XOXO
    Jodie
    www.jtouchofstyle.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a beautiful skirt, and I love it paired with the blazer. I'm trying to get better at getting rid of clothes when I purchase new ones!
    Rachael
    www.threadsforthomasblog.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    2. Thank you Rachael. It's not always a simple tusk but I think it needs to be done to make room for more new clothes :)

      Delete
  6. Love the shape and a colour of the skirt. I am also in the middle in re-visiting my wardrobe to see what works and what doesn't

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the chic look! The skirt is fabulous and I love how the blazer doesn't detract from the pretty shape of it.

    https://www.kathrineeldridge.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great tips here for the transition of seasons Love your outfit That skirt looks so pretty xoxo Cris
    https://photosbycris.blogspot.com/2019/03/maxim-cover-girl-contest-with-cause.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anna, you have a fabulous and very make-sense type of rule about (when) adding a new piece to your closet. I need to do that myself ASAP. With that said as a skirt-lover myself, I love bias-cut midi skirts like yours. They are so versatile, pretty, elegant and classy. I need to hold on to one or two that I own. Plus I love the print and bright yellow of yours. Yellow is a huge color for 2019. Also, that double-breasted blazer is phenomenal and I love your bag!

    As a matter of fact I loved this outfit so much that it is featured on Thursday Moda today, I would love for you to read it. =) Thanks an good night!

    http://eleganceandmommyhood.blogspot.com/2019/03/thursday-moda-159-spring-blouse-and.html

    ReplyDelete
  10. Don't get rid of the blazer Anna! It's a perfect fit. The skirt is bang on trend and will look great with a sweater when you have cooler weather too. Love this outfit xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Anna!
    First those Celine shoes! oh yes! I wouldn't part with those ever either, love the light sandal with this look for Spring! I love that you changed the Zara blazer's buttons to mother of pearl! So classy and the fit of the jacket is beautiful on you! I love the yellow silky skirt too, so flattering! I have been looking at more midi dresses and the midi skirt is always lovely!
    thanks for linking!
    have a great day
    jess xx
    www.elegantlydressedsandstylish.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jess, the midi skirts are extremely popular in Australia right now

      Delete
  12. One in one out is a great policy! I have a hard time giving things up though. Your skirt is so pretty and I'm loving your Celine sandals!

    Jill - Doused in Pink

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks for the update. I really appreciate the efforts you have made for this blog.
    All the best !!!

    australia prom dresses
    formal prom dresses

    ReplyDelete