Sunday 3 December 2023

MY NEW RED BLAZER AND A-SHAPE SHORT SKIRT OUTFIT

Hello my dear friends, hope you are all ok.

If you are a regular reader of my blog, you might recall my last post which was about the return of the  colour red back to the fashion radar and if you missed it, you can catch up here.

It seems that I got caught red handed (pun not intended) as this post is also about wearing red but this time it is a blazer and mini skirt combo.  As previously, both were spotted and purchased from David Jones, proudly Australian luxury department store but from two different brands.

It started with the blazer from David Lawrence.  How can anyone miss such a bright bold crimson colour?  Definitely, not me.  Besides that, I like its flattering slim silhouette and contrasting black buttons at the front fastening and along the cuffs.  There was an option to buy a pair of pants made of the same fabric but having so many various colours and styles of pants and trousers at home, I chose to skip it.

My next stop was at Marcs (the same brand from which I got my latest dress, seen here), only this time I was after a skirt.  After scanning their racks, I found what I was looking for - an A-line mini skirt in gingham check of peachy orange and dark red that potentially would be a perfect match for my newly acquired blazer and when I put them on together and checked my image in the mirror, I knew I was right. 

I was contemplating wearing my new black Mary Janes shoes seen hear but thought that a pair of black chunky loafers are more suitable to wear with the A-line skirt and would complement the sharp silhouette of the blazer. 

Then it dawned on me that since I turned 60 three years ago, I have been often seen wearing skirts and dresses that were well above my knees and on the short side that some people would describe as age-inappropriate.   This hot topic has been discussed in the blogosphere by older women for years, trying to bring awareness that growing older does not necessarily equate to wearing dark boring dresses well blow your knees, thick shapeless cardigans, lipstick and make-up free and never set your foot in fitness club or a hair and nail salon.  

Yes, I am fully aware that with age our knees sag and the skin wrinkles but this could be easily rectified by wearing stockings and if you have nicely shaped legs, then why not? Some of us are genetically blessed with good legs, while for others it is a hard work to keep them in shape.  There is ever more reason not to hide them.

When I was young, I attended a ballet school that helped me to define the muscles and shape my legs but that was over fifty years ago!!!  Since then, I've invested a lot of time and effort to keep my legs in shape:  I go to the gym at least three or four times a week, I don't work on the machines but prefer group exercises like Power Yoga, Pilates, Barre and Les Mills Shape and Body Balance classes (I am a member of Fitness First club and the names and the routine of these classes are trademarked by it).  I used to run three times a week but lately was advised against running so now I go for a long power walks three times a week instead.

And let not forget to mention that a body positivity mindset and self-confidence play an important role in determining the answer to the question of what we should and should not wear.

Please share your thoughts in the comment section below 💖.

Blazer - David Lawrence 
Skirt - Marks
Shoes - Neutralizer (similar)
Belt - Hermes

Have a great week.  Until then

Anna
xoxoxo

17 comments:

  1. That red blazer is beautiful. I love how it’s the perfect bold hue that can look great with any outfit.
    https://www.bauchlefashion.com/2023/12/5-ways-to-wear-olive-oil-green-colour.html?spref=pi&m=1

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the skirt. Lovely outfit.
    https://www.melodyjacob.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look amazing in all of these skirts! I only run once or twice a week now but try to get in some walking. Running is definitely hard on the joints. Love the color red too and my favorite purchase this year might be my red tulle skirt.
    www.chezmireillefashiontravelmom.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Mireille, I saw your red tulle skirt, it looks amazing

      Delete
  4. Your legs look amazing! Love your red blazer and skirt!

    Jill - Doused in Pink

    ReplyDelete
  5. The fun thing is Anna, that I haven't worn mini skirts for decades and now I bought two and loving it! It looks better on us then we thought!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is quite funny that at our age we into short skirts, Nancy. I think we just don't care what people think of us as long as we think we look great :)

      Delete
  6. red is my favorite shade this time of year! You look ready for the holidays!

    Shauna

    www.lipglossandlace.net

    ReplyDelete
  7. You look fantastic in red! You have great legs so why not wear a short skirt? I had to stop running a few months ago because of foot problems but I'm doing HIIT training instead now. I do miss running though, I hope I'll be able to return to it after bunion surgery. Thanks for linking up!

    Emma xxx
    www.style-splash.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you Emma. HIIT is quite a serious workout that I am too scared to endure. Hope your operation will be a total success and you will be back and running in not time at all :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Absolutely love these looks the reiss sweater is my fav! Also that food looked amazing, and Bali sounds so relaxing! Love Barre as well! Hope you have a nice holiday and happy new year beauty!

    xoxo, MIDORI

    https://www.midorilinea.com/blogs/midori-linea/designer-life-to-mommy-life

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you Midori. And all the best to you in 2024 :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Shapoorji Pallonji BKC 28 area new residantal project your right-looking. Buy a luxury brands 2 and 3 BHK offering apartment prices, and good with price changes in Mumbai are key to your funnel's success.
    https://www.shapoorjipallonji.ind.in/shapoorji-pallonji-bkc-28/

    ReplyDelete