Saturday 24 June 2023

WHAT TO WEAR WHEN YOU HAVE THREE DIFFERENT OCCASIONS IN ONE DAY

Hello dear friends, hope you are all ok

Now that my holiday story is done and filed, I can go back blogging about clothes.

I can’t speak for every fashion blogger but for me blogging about winter fashion has always been a challenge.   First, as we in OZ don’t have a winter as you might experience in Europe or Northern America, we tend not to focus too much on having multiple winter coats, present company included. I have been wearing the same wool coat for years.  It looks good, it keeps me warm, has a classic style and I don't see a need to replace it.  Thanks to my older daughter, a couple of years ago she handed me down a coat from COS (worn throughout) so now I have two and can alternate.  Some people I know don’t even have a need to wear a coat, just a puffy jacket if the want to go for a walk.  Otherwise they just wear thick jumpers, vests or quite often just a t-shirt will do.

As for me, after living in the former USSR for the first half of my life, I am conditioned to wear clothes appropriate to the season. 

Second, when taking photos of your winter outfit, you don’t just take images wearing a coat, you need to show what you are wearing underneath and I quite often feel too could to take the coat off.

I usually end up photographing the outfit in the comfort of my own home.  This time, however, it was different.  It was rather a strange day, it is started on a somber note because we had to attend a memorial, followed by lunch with my husband’s business associates after which I had to pick up my granddaughter Edie from school and her little brother Theodore from the day-care, so I had to come up with the outfit suitable yet comfortable for all three occasions.  

Since it is expected to wear dark colours for sad events, I settled for a monochromatic black and white palette.  I wore a black cashmere jumper, black cropped pants with occasional white horizontal and vertical stripes, black boots and scarf and topped it with the grey coat.

Bearing in mind my business lunch and not wanting to look too severe, I wrapped a long string of pearls around my neck and paired it with pearl tea-drop earrings to add some lightness to the look.

I was debating between wearing more formal footwear, but it would be difficult for me to keep up with the kids, so I opted for a pair of black and white sneakers from LV instead.  Besides, the days when the sneakers were worn to do some sort of physical activity only are long gone and since have become the footwear de jour. 

Somewhere between the engagements, I asked my husband to take few images of my OTD.  The day was not too cold, yet I wasn’t ready to take my coat off completely, so I just loosened the belt slightly so you can get the idea.

Until then,

Anna
xoxoxo

14 comments:

  1. This is a great casual look. Love the extra long trench and the sneakers were an excellent choice to complete the look. I lived in Seattle for a decade and the winters are similar but more rain.

    Allie of
    www.allienyc.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that the outfit really works for each of your activities/events! Very stylish and put together but the sneakers made your afternoon comfortable! Love your coat!
    www.chezmireillefashiontravelmom.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like how the outfit looks dressy at the top and more casual as you work your way down to the sneakers - the pants are a great piece to bridge these two refinement levels and make it all work together. And I just love the pearls + sneakers combination!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love chis casual chic look! Those pearls are the icing on the cake. Thanks for explaining why you don't have many coats. So interesting to hear what people do in different climates.

    https://www.kathrineeldridge.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kathrine. Would you believe if I tell you that a lot of Australians and in denial and wear the same clothes all year round, ie shorts and a t-shirt :)

      Delete
  5. You made the perfect choice! The hole outfit looks consistened. The pearls are fabulous with te look!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you Nancy, have a great weekend

      Delete
  6. I love how classy yet chic your outfit looks. The sneakers are fun addition but perfect for your day’s event. We also don’t need too many jackets where I live. It’s usually still warm by November!

    Maureen | www.littlemisscasual.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank yo Maureen, it seems that your home is far warmer then mine :)

      Delete
  7. This look works well for all of the activities you had that day. It's very chic!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your outfit looks lovely - neutrals always look so classic and pulled together. I'm sorry you had such a sad start to the day with a funeral though, sorry for your loss.

    ReplyDelete
  9. thank you Mica, have a great weekend

    ReplyDelete