Sunday 22 May 2022

HOW TO WEAR A SILK SKIRT IN COOLER MONTHS

Hello dear friends, how are you doing?

The Antipodean autumn is almost over but we are quite blessed with warm weather which allows us to keep our warm coats in the closets still and just a warm jumper will suffice.

It’s a perfect time to put the versatility of my summer purchases to the test and see how they will fair in cooler months, starting with my Ganni tie-dye silk skirt that I purchased and wore all through last summer.  It looked good paired with the satin spaghetti straps top (seen here) but I was hoping that I would be able to extend its use by wearing it with something that will keep me warm.  

So last Sunday I did just that.  It was one of those typical autumn days when it is quite warm during the day while mornings and evenings have a bit of chill so with that in mind, I chose to wear my silk skirt paired with the white cotton knit jumper and a pair of boots.

I quite like the juxtaposition of smooth silk against the rough knit, highlighted by the high-heeled tall boots.  We are on our way to a Sunday lunch and just made a quick stop to take the photos.  I couldn’t resist capturing the wonderful colours of autumn.

I can’t see why this exact outfit couldn’t be worn to an office where the dress code is flexible and approves of smart/casual vibe.  And if I want to smarten it up, there are always some statement accessories and jewellery that can come to the rescue.

Hope you have a lovely week ahead
Until then,

xoxoxo
Anna

15 comments:

  1. I love this outfit, and how clever to wear boots with it instead of sandals which would have been my natural choice. Such a polished look. Susan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I love different textures in one outfit. This is very beautiful Anna, and you wear it so very well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I really love this outfit! Each pieces work so well together.
    www.chezmireillefashiontravelmom.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. This skirt is gorgeous! I love how you added the knit top, scarf, and boots for warmth. Such a chic look!

    https://www.kathrineeldridge.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kethrine, have a nice week ahead

      Delete
  5. So very chic Anna, I love the combination x Jacqui

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jacquie. Have a lovely week ahead

      Delete
  6. I love this look, Anna! Very smart! Well done on extending the west of that lovely skirt.

    Michelle,
    https://mybijoulifeonline.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's a beautiful skirt and it's great you could make it autumn appropriate! :) I really like the yellow scarf with it too!

    Thank you for joining the #WeekdayWearLinkup! Hope you had a good weekend :) We enjoyed the sunshine after so many rainy weeks!

    Away From The Blue

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous!

    Love: Mariann Yip
    https://www.mariannyc.com/the-beauty-of-florence-italy/

    ReplyDelete