Wednesday 27 January 2021

A CASUAL STROLL AROUND SYDNEY "THE ROCKS"

Hello, dear friends.  What have you been up to so far?
Sadly, the COVID-19 situation has turned bad once again and for a month Sydney was declared a red zone and we were prohibited to travel anywhere beyond Greater Sydney boundaries which means that our options, when it came to entertainment, were limited by what Sydney had to offer.  Luckily for its inhabitants, it's quite a lot:  from sunny beaches to boat parties, endless cocktails on rooftop bars and al-fresco dining overlooking the lights of the famous Harbour Bridge and Sydney Opera House.
Walking the narrow winding streets of The Rocks, one of the oldest parts of Sydney, is one pastime that we never grow tired of.  There is history everywhere, you walk the old cobblestoned streets along sandstone buildings each of them has a colouful story behind it, you walk into the one of the oldest pubs in the country where they serve traditional pub grub in the dark and moody room with low beams and dark furniture.  
You step back into the sunlight and stroll to the famous Rocks Markets and admire the arts and crafts of local artisans, listen to the band playing soft jazz or sample the most delicious morsels of Australian produce.  The Rocks are is highly popular destination amongst the locals and tourists alike.

My dress for the day was a sleeveless dress from Mango that I bought on our holidays in Muscat, of all the places, in 2019.  This season the olive-green, khaki or any other colour in a similar hue is hugely popular for summer dresses as well as the floaty bell-shaped billowing, multilayered silhouette that has a slightly romantic and hippy vibe about it.  Besides, you feel so much cooler in a dress that does not cling to your body but rather lets in a breeze that keeps you cool.
Knowing that the streets of The Rocks are paved in cobblestones, I wore flat sandals with quite a thick sole which I normally take with me on my travels.
I always take with me some sort of a scarf or light pashmina, knowing too well that the hotter the weather outside, the more air-conditioned will be the indoors, whether it's a cafe, movie house, museum or a shopping centre.  Hence, my new Louis Vuitton silk scarf, a birthday gift from my husband, that I simply adore and wear it over almost everything.  My favourite style is a loose drape over the shoulders with a single knot slightly shifted to one side. And the Prada sunglasses and Hermes bracelet are also my 60th birthday gifts.
Until then,

Anna
xoxo





















 













14 comments:

  1. That dress is stunning and the scarf fabulous! I love these colors! So warm. Can't wait to wear my summer dresses again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you Nancy, the seasons change so quickly, you will not notice when the summer arrives :)

      Delete
  2. Your accessories are calling my name! I love sandals that are cute but can be worn for walking! That scarf is absolutely beautiful
    www.chezmireillefashiontravelmom.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look perfect for your adventures. Love the dress, can't wait to start wearing dresses. Jacqui x

    ReplyDelete
  4. You look fab in this dress and the scarf is a great addition!
    xoxo
    Lovely
    www.mynameislovely.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm glad your lockdown was lifted :) It is so nice walking around the rocks - although when we were there a couple years ago we forgot how it's not very stroller friendly! In the end, exasperated because we could see the harbour but couldn't reach it, we just picked up the stroller and walked it down all the steps, haha!


    Your olive dress looks so nice with the printed scarf :)

    Hope that you are having a good weekend! :)

    Away From Blue

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you Mica, some places are not child friendly at all but glad you found your way to get over those cobblestones in the end. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello, I wanted to jump over and say thank you for visiting my blog. It's so cold here, it was fun to jump over to Sydney, even if it was virtual. I love silk scarfs and your LV is so gorgeous. I bet it goes with a lot! I'm a shoe person and couldn't help but notice those gorgeous silver/gold sandals-Love them! Take care, Terri

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Terri. They are extremely comfortable too. Have a great week

      Delete
  8. You were spoilt on your birthday Anna! Lovely accessories that won't date. This is where I'd spend my money too. I'm jealous about BBq's and parties! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Laurie, I fully understand what not being to live life to its full mean. Hopefully, it will be over soon. Take care

      Delete
  9. Being on lockdown is not the best. Glad there are some activities you can still partake in. It is so cool to see what Sydney has to offer. Your LV scarf is gorgeous!

    Nancy ✨ mdrnminimalists.com

    ReplyDelete