Wednesday 21 October 2015

BLACK LACE UP SHOES|PENCIL SKIRT|BOMBER JACKET

If there is one item of clothing, or I should say, footwear, that has taken the fashion world by storm this season, it would be lace-up shoes.  I love this new re-incarnation of ballet flats, they are cute, sexy and boundlessly versatile.

While flats are great with jeans or mini skirts, the heels look absolutely gorgeous with a pencil skirt at the office or with a LBD at night. 
BLACK LACE UP SHOES
The choice is quite extensive and if you can’t make up you mind whether you should get heels or flats, pointy toes or round, suede or leather, black or nude ones, then what you can do is what I quite often do when in doubt.  Providing that the shop offers a full refund on a returned purchase, buy one or two pairs in different styles, bring them home and see how they would mix and match with your clothes. 

Whether you are a woman who likes to wear comfortable shoes no matter what or the complete opposite who never compromises stilettos over comfort, will help you to choose between the flats and the heels.
Being a woman, I also couldn’t resist getting myself a pair of these super trendy, sexy, simply adorable pair of shoes.  It took me a while to work out what type of shoe would work for me and in the end I settled for a pair of block low heel closed toe shoes from Zara.
And it seems that I got the best of both worlds, they are extremely comfortable to walk around in all day on errands, yet look elegant enough to be paired with a pencil skirt and dressy jacket for a night out.

Today I am trying something a bit different: pairing a floral print skirt with a bomber jacket. Usually, more often we see people wear bomber jacket with a pair of jeans or utility pants with a pair of boots, sneakers or other types of sturdy sensible footwear but since this jacket is quite delicate and due to the use of sheer fabric it looks very feminine, I thought it would be a good idea to mix it up with the mid-knee straight skirt and lace up shoes to get this urban look.
black lace up shoes

BLACK LACE UP SHOES|PENCIL SKIRT|BOMBER JACKET



2 comments: