Sunday, 13 September 2026

WHAT I WORE LAST WEEKEND

G'day my dear readers.


Now the tables have turned and once again, spring has come to us and with it an opportunity to wear lighter and brighter clothes.  If you read my previous post, you would notice that my working wardrobe is mostly in a grey scale, that's why comes the weekend, you would find me wearing something colourful yet stylish and comfortable.

Case in point, this outfit.  It was a lovely sunny day of an early spring day when the sun feels nice and warm on your skin without doing any damage.  However, I still apply SPF 50+ to my face as I had quite a few cancer scares in the last few years.

For the outing, I chose to wear my wide-leg red denim pants, black thick sole sneakers and a black denim jacket.  Nice and casual.  I woild never leave a house without a handbag, no matter the occasion, and my old red LV handbag seemed to fit the colour sceme so I grabbed it.

It was a perfect day for being outdoors and we decided to make a trip to one of the historical places called Strickland Estate, a 19th century heritage-listed treasure that boasts one of the best picnic spots with a harbour view anywhere in Sydney.

Truth be told, I have been living in this part of Sydney for the last 30 years, yet this was my first visit.  The moment we stepped through the gates, we were taken by the beauty of the grounds, the greenery of manicured lawns and the serenity of the gardens.  But the main attraction for me was the view.

We spent a couple of blissful hours surrounded by nature and beauty and returned home rested and relaxed.

Hope your weekend was as blissful as ours.

Until then,

Anna

xoxoxo

PS  This outifit was featured on I do declaire blog and Style-Splash

14 comments:

  1. These pants are so pretty! I love the pop of red.

    I hope you are having a great week so far!

    Amber

    Visit AvecAmber.com

    Follow Avec Amber on Bloglovin

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are making me want a pair of red jeans now. Fabulous look and love that view!

    https://www.kathrineeldridge.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a gorgeous outfit, that red denim with the black jacket is such a fun combination! Strickland Estate sounds like a hidden gem, how lovely that you finally got to discover it after all these years.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Diana. I've been asking the same question myself :)

      Delete
  4. I love those red wide-leg jeans! They look fabulous with the black jacket and make such a fun, colorful weekend outfit. Strickland Estate looks absolutely beautiful too—what a gorgeous view for a relaxing day out!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the red trousers and black jacket together! It's funny how we never seem to explore the areas close to home, I'm the same! Thanks for linking!

    Emma xxx
    www.style-splash.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for a feature, Emma. We should look closer to home before running overseas.

      Delete
  6. The southern hemisphere turns to spring, as the northern hemisphere turns to autumn.
    We are just pulling out our woolies as you have the opportunity to shed some layers. Love your color bold color block outfit in red and black! I hope you enjoyed Strickland estate. Sydney looks absolutely Lush and lovely in your pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It sure is a stunning view, wowza! And the red bag is cute as button, why should only Dorothy have things made of Scarlet?

    ReplyDelete