Sunday 19 September 2021

WHAT I WORE LAST SUNDAY

Hello dear friends, how are you all?

Last Sunday my husband and I decided to take a walk around CBD (Central Business District), the historical and main commercial centre of Sydney.  From Monday to Fridays it is usually full of bustling activity but quiets down over weekends but now with all the major shopping centres and luxury boutiques being shut down and majority of businesses are not working from home,  it is become absolutely deserted and looks rather sad and lost.

On the bright side, this situation has presented a perfect opportunity for those who is keen to take a closer look around this area, explore the laneways, admire the architecture and discover interesting details of the city you live in but never had a chance to do without being bumped into by someone in a hurry.  Hence, here we are.

 

The outfit I am wearing today is what I quite often wear to the office during the winter months but it could easily go the other way and become a casual go to look.

I have worn every element of it previously but funny enough, never in the same outfit until today.  I guess, when you are in lockdown and the only way to shop is on the net, one starts digging into the closet trying to re-invent looks and come up with something different 👍.

These wide-leg trousers are from Massimo Dutti, bought a few years ago during our last holidays in 2019 in Georgia (a former republic of the USSR, now an independent country).  It was our last one before the global pandemic ground everything to a halt.

The jumper is from Cos, it is made of pure cashmere, very soft and comfortable and its slouchy style is very adaptable.  I liked that fact that it is slightly cropped so when I put it on, my body shape is clearly defined unlike oversized tops where you can hardly see anything.  I used to wear it with a maxi knit skirt but quite like the way it looks over these wide-legged pants 👍.

My coat is from Cos too, a hand-me down from my oldest daughter and the stripy scarf was borrowed from my husband 😊.  I thought that its grey, black and white pattern would perfectly reflect the colours of my outfit.  

Have a great week ahead

Anna
xoxo

20 comments:

  1. It's sad of course, for the reason why, but I like that it is a bit less busy everywhere. Well, actually it looks pretty like normal life over here now. Love the outfit, stylish and casual!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Nancy, it's important to see the other side of the coin, put the things into perspective

      Delete
  2. Our little down lost one antique shop business but apart from that thankfully everything made it through the lockdown last year. Thankfully it was just a few months here that the non essential shops were closed.
    I love this gray monochromatic look. I am branching out with different cuts for bottoms and finding out which tops work best.
    www.chezmireillefashiontravelmom.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this look! I have all the heart eyes for that stunning coat :)

    Shauna

    www.lipglossandlace.net

    ReplyDelete
  4. I absolutely love monochromatic looks, and these grey tones are fabulous!

    I hope you are having a great week so far!

    Amber

    Visit AvecAmber.com

    Follow Avec Amber on Bloglovin

    ReplyDelete
  5. These trousers look flattering on you, and I really like how you styled it. Love your coat!
    xoxo
    Lovely
    www.mynameislovely.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a nice monochrome outfit! I like the tartan pants too, I used to have a similar pair for work years ago pre-kids. I miss them sometimes!

    It's good you were able to get out and explore a little despite lockdown.

    Thanks for joining the #WeekdayWearLinkup! Hope you have a good weekend ahead of you. Another busy but fun one here :)

    Away From The Blue

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good you could get out a bit to enjoy!
    Love the cashmere and am excited to wear mine when it gets a bit colder.
    I have always loved the look of plaid pants, these are so smart! The scarf is the perfect added touch!
    thanks for linking Anna!
    jess xx
    www.elegantlydressedandstylish.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank yo for hosting, Jess. Have a great week ahead

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very stylish outfit! I love your coat and trousers. Thanks for linking up!

    Emma xxx
    www.style-slash.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Those trousers are everything Anna! One thing I liked about lockdown here in the UK was so much more opportunity to take photos in places that would normally be difficult. A small plus side I know. I hope yours ends soon xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you Laurie, there must a bright side to every dark sight, otherwise we will plunge into darkness.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I just love the plaid print on your pants and the wide leg fit! So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This look is great. I love pop's of colour but earth tones are really classics. And grey happens to be one of the best. Love the tailored pieces and the accessories are perfect.
    http://www.bauchlefashion.com/2021/10/the-sexy-glamour-point-of-view-why.html

    ReplyDelete