Monday 14 June 2021

IT IS TIME TO BRING BACK A LITTLE GLAMOUR

Hello dear friends, hope you are doing well.

Now that the COVID restrictions in Australia have been eased dramatically, our lives are almost back to BC (before COVID), alas overseas travel is still wishful thinking 😞, it’s time to bring back a little glamour.  

Speaking of which, have you by any chance happened to watch Halston miniseries on Netflix?  I am totally fascinated by his vision, the beauty of his creations, his enormous talent and driving ambition that helped him to rise to international fame during the 70's.  Pity about cocaine though, that initially was the starting point of his downfall😢.

I learned a few quite interesting aspects about Halston's life including the fact that his muse, Elsa Peretti, became a great jewellery designer for Tiffany's and when I looked her up on Google, it made me realise that a couple of pieces of jewellery that my husband has bought for me from the House of Tiffany were designed by her.  

Going back to today's outfit, it’s a funny fact, but it is only in recent years that I developed a taste for sparkles and other shiny fabrics (just check out the dress I wore for my last birthday party here) so it was no brainer that when I spotted this little black number twinkling under the bright spotlights of an H&M store, I grabbed it off the rack and went straight to the counter to pay for it. I was taken slightly by surprise that my husband liked it too so it became a keeper 👍.  

Apart from the presence of sparkles all over this jacket, its cropped silhouette adds an urban edge to it and would look great paired with white or black jeans and a t-shirt and could be worn during the day as well.  The reason these photos are taken indoors is that the weather outside is not photo-shoot friendly and I really wanted to share this post with you hence you get a glimpse of my home.

The silk red pants that I am wearing are quite old, I was quite pleased if not somewhat surprised to see that they still fit.  I was expecting the worst. They are from Equipment, I love their colour and cut, unfortunately, they crease quite a lot but it comes with the territory, I guess.  Ditto my old Christian Louboutin open toe shoes that you have seen me wearing quite often in the past.  I think the last time it was in 2019.  

My handbag is a belated gift from my niece, it’s from Tory Burch and is more a wallet on a chain since it does not fit anything thicker than credit cards or a driver’s licence.

And that is it for today’s post.

Would you like wearing shiny sparkling clothes? Please do share your thoughts in the comments below.

 

Until then

Anna

I am pleased to announce that this post was featured on Links à la Mode fashion roundup by Independent Fashion Bloggers.

More fashion articles:

19 comments:

  1. Both the pants and the jacket shine in this outfit. I always love getting a glimpse into others' homes as we all have different styles.
    www.chezmireillefashiontravelmom.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cool jacket and those trousers are so chique! Love the elegant look!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG YES YES YES!!!! Give me sparkle and glamour any day of the week and I'm happy lol! You look absolutely GORGEOUS. I love the colour of the trousers with the sparkly black (slightly edgy) jacket. The jacket is so fantastic that I'm off to have a look at H&M's site to see if they have it here lol!
    Big hugs,
    Suzy xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was thinking of your white sparkly dress and blue silk trousers when I was wearing this outfit, Suzy :)

      Delete
  4. What a fun sequin jacket! It looks so good with the bright pants :)

    Hope you're having a wonderful day :)

    Away From The Blue

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you Mica and you too. Sadly we are in the hot zone and have to get tested again:)

      Delete
  5. I'm off to watch that programme Anna. Love Halston. It's so timeless. Red always adds more glamour. I should wear it more often too xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope you would love it, it's full of glamour, from his designs, to his own red coat and his sublime home

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes Anna, I watched Halston and loved it. He is my kind of designer- love the elegance.
    I wrote a post on him too.
    Love the red with the sparkles and the slit detail is elegant as well. Very pretty!
    thanks for linking!
    jess xx
    www.elegantlydressedandstylish.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is a fabulous outfit, Anna! The sparkly jacket is really something special and your pants are really cool. Perfect for a night out on the town! I keep hearing great things about Halston but have not yet gotten around to watching it. It is on my watchlist though!

    Shelbee
    www.shelbeeontheedge.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you SHelbee, I sincerely hope you will like this show :)

      Delete
  9. Sparkle on, Anna! Beautiful jacket and I just love how it pairs against your red pants. I have not heard of Halston but will definitely check it out. But I do know who Elsa Peretti is because of Tiffany's! I hope your week is off to a great start and happy Monday!

    Maureen | www.littlemisscasual.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you Maureen. It's interesting how some things get connected

    ReplyDelete
  11. Looking super stylish! I also watched Halston and enjoyed Elsa so much in this!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Exquisite! Keep it coming, baby :-)

    ReplyDelete