Thursday 21 June 2018

WHITE SHORTS - TWO LOOKS

Hi everyone, hope you are all well

These images were taken when it was still summer in Australia but I never was able to come around and blog about them until now.  The weather is so bad that taking photos outside is almost impossible so I dug deep into my archives and found these ones.
WHITE SHORTS  - TWO LOOKS
You have seen me wearing these shirts multiple times, primarily with a t-shirt or light summer top.  Today I am exploring the possibility of wearing them in cooler months with something more stylish than just a pair of sneakers.
WHITE SHORTS  - TWO LOOKS
In my first, daytime, look I am wearing my shirt with an extra long blue and white stripy buttonless blouse from Zara and white Converse sneakers with a pair of lacy navy socks underneath:  fun, casual just with a touch of sophistication.
WHITE SHORTS  - TWO LOOKS
THEN I ASKED MYSELF, IS IT POSSIBLE TO TRANSFORM THIS LOOK INTO SOMETHING RATHER MORE ELEGANT AND EVENING APPROPRIATE?
WHITE SHORTS  - TWO LOOKS
As a general rule of thumb, accessories play a pivotal role in the transformation and for me there is nothing more important than the right pair of shoes.  You can get away by being dressed in a t-shirt, jeans and killer shoes but no matter how glamorous your dress is - pair it with the wrong footwear and your outfit will be drab.
WHITE SHORTS  - TWO LOOKS
So first thing first, I kicked off my sneakers and reached for an open toe Miu Miu high heel shoes in a dusty blue.  The moment I put them on, the vibe of my look shifted a gear.
WHITE SHORTS  - TWO LOOKS
Next step - jewellery.  Since the shirt has pearl cuff links, it helped me to decided what accessories to choose for my upscale look.  After all, nothing speaks style like a string of pearls.  The ones that you see me wearing were bought in Havana at Almacenes San Jose Artisan's Market during our holiday last year. 
WHITE SHORTS  - TWO LOOKS
My last touch was an evening clutch from Ferragamo with gold trimmings and a chain which might be a tad too heavy for a daytime casual outfit but works perfectly for a night out.
WHITE SHORTS  - TWO LOOKS
And that is it.  To be totally honest, I don't think I would implement this look into real life, it was purely an "editorial" exercise, so to speak.  It's just proves once again how important it is for us to understand the power of accessories, even for something as casual as a pair of white shorts.
WHITE SHORTS  - TWO LOOKS
And that is it.  Happy Friday, my dear friends and enjoy your weekend

Anna
xoxo

















No comments:

Post a Comment