Thursday 16 March 2017

ROUGH DENIM MEETS SMOOTH SILK|LINK-UP PARTY

ROUGH DENIM MEETS SMOOTH SILK
Hi everyone, hope you were having a good week and have made great plans for the upcoming weekend.

First of all, I would love to share with you exciting news - today I am co-hosting my very first link-up party with Nocole Mulders from High Latidute Style.  Please wish me luck.
Then, I want to tell you short story behind my today's outfit.  Ever since I was a little girl back in Russia watching Hollywood movies where ladies were dressed in beautiful silk dresses, sleeping on silk sheets and wearing silk gowns on the way to their boudoirs, I always dreamed that the day would come that I would be able to afford to buy a garment made out of this fine and luxurious fabric.
ROUGH DENIM MEETS SMOOTH SILK
Even now, after living in Australia for over 25 years, my feelings about this gorgeous fabric has not changed. A few years ago while we were travelling through Europe and made a stop in Budapest, I found a small boutique shop not far from our hotel where I bought myself a very pretty silk blouse. 
ROUGH DENIM MEETS SMOOTH SILK
The truth of the matter is that I have only worn it few times over the years because I was saving it for “special occasions”. How silly is that? Until one day I realised that saving clothes does not make any sense, the mere nature of clothes is that they should be worn and enjoyed, not to be kept in the closet waiting for a “special day”. 
ROUGH DENIM MEETS SMOOTH SILK
Hence, a new resolution was born which I couldn’t wait to implement. Luckily for me, the opportunity presented itself almost immediately. I had a pair of slip-on shoes that I recently purchased from the shop called Alpha60, and I was trying them on to see whether I could wear them with jeans.
SLIP ON SHOES FROM ALPHA60

ROUGH DENIM MEETS SMOOTH SILK
Then, inspired by my new resolution, I got my silk blouse out of the closet and put in on to see whether the three of them would work together. I quite liked what I saw, the roughness of the jeans was softened by the smoothness of the blouse and then anchored by the funky slip-on shoes. And that’s how this outfit was born.
ROUGH DENIM MEETS SMOOTH SILK
Never before would I ever even have considered pairing silk with denim and yet, here I was wearing my precious silk blouse with ripped hemmed jeans and loving every minute of it. 
ROUGH DENIM MEETS SMOOTH SILK
Lesson learnt, don’t keep your clothes to be worn just for a “special occasion”, life is too short for that.
ROUGH DENIM MEETS SMOOTH SILK
My earrings from Mozi is a gift from my husband on our monthly wedding anniversary.  Not sure if you recall my post a while ago about how on the 29th of every month he buys me a small gift to celebrate our wedding day and then  on 29th of July (our official wedding date) he surprises me with something really decadent.  They add just enough sparkle to my outfit.
EARRINGS FROM MOZI

ROUGH DENIM MEETS SMOOTH SILK
Are there some items of clothing in your wardrobe that you save for a “special occasion”? I would really like to know if there is anyone else who shares similar habit.
ROUGH DENIM MEETS SMOOTH SILK
Talk to you soon,
Anna
XO

Now let's party. Everyone of any age and gender is welcome to share their fashion and style posts. #linkup #fashionlinkup #over40fashion | Top of the World Style linkup party logo | High Latitude Style | http://www.highlatitudestyle.com [code language="html"] #linkup #fashionlinkup #over40fashion | Top of the World Style linkup party logo | High Latitude Style | http://www.highlatitudestyle.com [/code]
  1. Grab the above banner and put it into your sidebar if you like
  2. Please follow your co-hostess via facebook, pinterest, google+, and/or instagram
  3. Please follow your hostess via email, facebook, twitter, pinterest, google+, and/or instagram
  4. Linkup up to four of your fashion/style posts by simply adding your link below
  5. Please be a good sports and visit the posts of at least three of your linkup-fellows, introduce yourself to them to network and to make new friends. If you know them all already, I am sure they will still appreciate your stopping by and saying Hi. We all like traffic, don't we?
  6. Please help that you and everyone of us gets more traffic by spreading the word about the party and tweet See the awesome outfits at the Top of the World Style linkup party. Thanks.
Thanks for stopping by and linking up! Come back soon.

Linking up with Not Dressed as Lamb, Threads for Thomas, Fine Whatever Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment