DISCLOSURE

▼
▼

Sunday, 27 September 2026

WHAT I WORE LAST WEEKEND/BOHO VIBE

 G'day my dear readers, hope you are well

It was a lovely Sunday morning and we had another nice outing planned but as we reached the door, all of a sudden the weather changed and it started to rain heavily.  That was rather annoying because I was hoping to have a photo shoot en plein air but since I was wearing my planned outfit anyway, I decided not to waste the opportunity and instead had the photos taken indoors.

I was going for a boho vibe and for that I chose to wear my "gypsy skirt", a maxi voluptuous skirt made out of crinkled light Indian cotton that I bought last year at the Avoca Markets, a monthly market run at Avoca Beach in a very pretty coastal town about 1.5 hours drive from where we live in Sydney.  The skirt is very light and breezy and does not need to be ironed.  The lady who sold it to me showed me how to keep its shape and folds.  All I need to do when I take it off is to fold it lengthways and while holding it at the top with one hand, start twisting it until it looks like a very thick curled rope that you can fold and put away which makes it perfect for travelling.

To continue with my boho vibe, I am wearing a cotton loose fit V-neck jumper with a plain white t-shirt underneath and my white Converse shoes.

Some of you might be wondering about the painting of a huge upright standing cat behind me.  This painting was our gift to ourselves to celebrate our 10th wedding anniversary.  The enormous demonic cat in the painting is called Behemoth, it serves as a member of Satan's retinue in Michail Bulgakov's (Russian and Soviet novelist and playwright) classic novel Master and Margarita.  It was published posthumously and has been called one of the masterpieces of the 20th century. 
The reason that we bought it was a homage to my Russian roots and my love of his book.  Once we brought it home, my South African English speaking husband found the book on line in English, read it and loved it too.  

On this happy note, bye for now 😄


Anna
xoxoxo

This outfit was feature on Style-Splash 

28 comments:

  1. Your gypsy skirt looks so light and breezy, Anna, and I love the trick of twisting it into a rope to keep the folds, so clever for travelling! And what a fabulous backdrop: a painting of Behemoth is the perfect anniversary gift, especially since it got your husband reading Bulgakov too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bet you felt free like a butterfly in that delightful floating skirt!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha, you made me laugh, thank you. I do feel like that sometimes

      Delete
  3. That skirt is fabulous! So flowy and flattering! The story behind the painting is a neat one. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love that skirt and I bet you were comfy while looking put together!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous skirt! Such a chic look.

    https://www.kathrineeldridge.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a cute boho look! I love how relaxed and effortless it feels while still looking really put together. The accessories are the perfect finishing touch too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, I really love this skirt! This is totally an outfit I would wear!
    www.chezmireillefashiontravelmom.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Mireille, we seem to have a very similar taste when it comes to boho/gypsy looking skirts :)

      Delete
  8. I love the whole look - and that skirt is gorgeous! The artwork is amazing too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi, Anna - I have a purple Indian skirt from forever ago that I dry after hand washing the same way that you described, by twisting overnight. I need to find a purple sweater/jumper that I can wear with it. I love this outfit on you - Angie, www.yourtrueselfblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you Angie. I like "no fuss" maintenance. If you can't find a purple top for you Indian skirt, you can always look for pink, white or light yellow. It will look great with any of them. Good luck hunting :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. The perfect skirt - looks great and doesn't need ironing! Thanks for linking

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such a lovely skirt! Even better that it doesn't need ironing! The painting is amazing!

    Emma xxx
    www.style-splash.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. That skirt is beautiful! I am so sorry about the weather though... I have had that happen more times than I would have liked. That painting is neat! I definitely noticed it behind you, so I'm glad you shared a little about it!

    Carrie
    curlycraftymom.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Carrie, the painting takes a centre stage in our living room

      Delete
  14. Such a lovely boho look. We've been disappointed by a lot of rain ruining our fall plans too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Amy, it is so annoying when you planes are ruined and there is nothing you can do about it

      Delete