Saturday, 9 May 2015

WHAT I WORE - SKINNY JEANS

A few years ago, when they were hot, I bought myself a pair of moleskin skinny jeans from in a burgundy colour.  I wore them for a while and then a new trend came in and I gave my skinny jeans a break.  However, walking around Westfield Shopping Centre one rainy afternoon, I have noticed that a lot of shops still have these jeans on shelves so I blew the dust off mine and started to wear them again.

skinny jeans and high heels
Pants:  Lee
Shoes:  Ted Baker 
Coat:  High End
Luckily, thanks to my strong food and exercise ethics, I was still able to fit into my skinny jeans (remember Miranda in Sex and the City Season 6, Episode 7) and I love them. 

There are many ways you can wear your skinny jeans.  They are hugely adaptable, comfortable to wear and can be very flattering if the style and fit are right.  You can wear them during the day or night, casual or smart, rock or chic, all depending on what you pair them with and what accessories you choose for the outfit.

Top:  God save the Queen

For the regular day’s activities, I wear them with ballet flats for comfort and support and with a jacket.  For more significant affairs, I choose to compromise comfort for fashion and glam my feet in bright pink high heel shoes (the combination of high heels and skinny jeans is a winning recipe to make your legs look longer).




Jacket&Shirt:  Zara
Shoes:  Salvatore Ferragamo
One of my favourite looks is to wear my skinny jeans with white crisp puffy shirt (long live Jerry Seinfeld) or with a sheer tunic-like blouse.

Don’t believe the myth that the skinny jeans are designed only for skinny people.  It is just a matter of choosing the right cut, size, style and colour.  Choose them correctly and you are bound to look fabulous!!!